One of the useful GSM-gateway Polygator features is an ability to change IMEI codes of its GSM-modules.One of the useful GSM-gateway Polygator features is an ability to change IMEI codes of its GSM-modules.
IMEI change action may be a subject to the law and other regulations. Consider consulting with your lawyer in advance.
If you want to allow SIM-server software to change IMEI codes remotely, you need to perform steps 1 and 2 (see below). Meanwhile, there is no need to type in new IMEI codes there – keep «Set ID» fields blank.
Further, the SIM-server software will handle IMEI change remotely on each allowed channel.
Procedure for standalone device
1) Go to the menu “ID of modules”
2) Type in new IMEI codes into “Set ID” fields for channels where you want to change IMEI. Mark “Flag” checkbox for these channels, press “Send”.
3) On the main page for each channel (flagged on step 2) repeat the following steps:
- Set checkbox “P” (Report) and click “Set”
- In bottom drop-down menu “Select command” choose “Write info to module” and click “Select”
You can check the result on page “ID of modules”. There should be the new IMEI shown in the column “Current ID”. Now you can unset checkboxes “Flag” and click “Send” button to apply changes.